System of Seed Fund Venture Partners
In order to generate a deal flow and extend professional support to Seed Fund portfolio companies, we are building a System of Venture Partners, who search for innovative projects, prepare them for presentation to Investment committee, lend post-investment project support (render professional support to portfolio companies) and interact with venture professionals.
The System of Seed Fund Venture Partners is formed through a registration procedure, which is based on publicity, availability, voluntarism and self-sustainability principles.
Key requirements for Seed Fund Venture Partners:
- Venture Partner has or hires through a civil law contract at least one venture professional;
- financial security to cover operating costs;
- access to project pipeline (access to well-developed innovative infrastructure: business incubators, technology parks, technology development special economic zone, innovative entrepreneurship financial support program to innovative entrepreneurship and others);
- portfolio of seed stage innovative projects, which demand capital and meet Seed Fund investment requirements;
- obligation to attract private capital to projects in the amount of at least 25% in cash;
- payment for registration services.
Seed Fund Venture Partners Initiators
Initiators can include: Russian Federation regional executive authorities, scientific centers or Russian Academy of Science or top institutes, top universities or other corporate bodies, which have the required resources, are able to attract private capital and are interested to participate in seed investments.
An entity registered as a Venture Partner can independently act as an Initiator.
Procedure and conditions for Venture Partners registration (re-registration)
Venture Partners registration is conducted in accordance with the Regulations for the System of Venture Partners of RVC Seed Fund and Their Registration Procedure and a Public Offer Contract (addendum to Regulations for the System of Venture Partners of RVC Seed Fund and Their Registration Procedure).
Venture Partners registration involves analysis of applications for registration, which should particularly contain information on Venture Partners (Venture Partners Initiators) expertise, material, technical and financial capabilities, and which enable regular efficient search for innovative companies, their selection and post-investment support.
Applications for registration (termination of registration / re-registration) are received and processed by the Seed Fund on a remuneration basis.
Regulations for the System of Venture Partners of RVC Seed Fund and Their Registration Procedure [Download]
Addenda to Regulations for the System of Venture Partners of RVC Seed Fund and Their Registration Procedure [Download]