About Seed Fund
RVC Seed Fund, Ltd was established on 22nd of October 2009 in furtherance of the RVC Strategy.
Seed Fund founding members are RVC (99%) and Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (1%).
The Seed Fund is focused on investing into Russian innovative companies with high growth potential on Russian and foreign technology markets.
The Seed Fund goals are:
- promote seed capital in Russia;
- encourage development of the System of Seed Fund Venture Partners in order to engage professional managers, experts and business angels to launch new companies;
- enable conditions to generate a deal flow to venture capital funds, including RVC backed funds;
- significantly more and better small technology businesses, which will subsequently apply for early and later stage venture capital.
Seed Fund key parameters
- Capital under management — 2 billion rubles;
- operation life is unlimited;
- the Fund co-invests together with private investors;
- the Fund covers no more than 75% of an innovative company’s investment demand in cash providing no more than 25 000 000 rubles at the first investment round;
- any legal and financial transaction terms permitted by the Russian Federation law are allowed;
- the Fund cooperation with the System of Seed Fund Venture Partners;
- investment decisions are made by the Fund Investment Committee (Board of Directors).
The Seed Fund activities are assisted by Venture Partners and Initiators, who have access to scientific, material, technical and financial resources which are essential for Venture Partners’ activities.
Seed Fund Strategy
The Seed Fund Investment Policy (strategy) is to invest Seed Fund capital in securities and shares in authorized capitals of Russian seed stage innovative enterprises.
The Seed Fund Investment Policy (strategy) is particularized in Seed Fund Investment Memorandum.
Seed Fund investment tools allow any legal and financial transaction terms permitted by the Russian Federation law.
RVC Seed Fund, Ltd. Investment Memorandum. [Download]