SOFTLINE SEED FUND
About the Fund
The Softline Seed Fund was founded in January 2014. The Fund operates as an investment partnership that is controlled by the Investment Committee including representatives of RVC Seed Fund and Softline Venture Partners. The managing partner within SSF is Softline Venture Partners. The Fund is searching for projects, helping them in organizing operations, and assuming management risks. The Fund is focused on cloud services, digital marketing, data protection, and mobile applications. The Fund's size is RUB 34 mn. The investment period of Softline Seed Fund is three years. It is allowed to increase the Fund's capital before expiry of the investment period.
Purpose of the Fund
Development of early-stage IT projects. Identification of the most attractive business models and scaling them using capabilities and competencies of Softline Group.
The Fund's basic parameters
- It was founded in January 2014;
- The volume of assets managed is RUB 34 mn;
- The investment period is three years;
- It is allowed to increase the Fund's capital;
- At the moment, the Fund's portfolio contains four companies;
- The Fund's form of organisation is an investment partnership consisting of RVC Seed Fund and Softline Venture Partners (the managing partner).
- Elena Volotovskaya, Chairman of SSF Investment Committee
- Alexey Romashin, Member of SSF Investment Committee
- Igor Borovikov, Member of SSF Investment Committee
The Fund's strategy:
- Investing in primarily Russian-market-driven projects;
- Preferences are given to regional projects;
- Funds are only invested in pre-seed and seed companies (RUB 8 mn per company maximum);
- Diversification of investments in projects at different stages of development.
Priority is given to young companies operating in the following areas:
а) SaaS and smart cloud
b) Digital marketing tools
c) Information security and data protection
d) Mobile applications