High-Tech Seed Fund
About the Fund
High-Tech Seed Fund Investment Partnership was founded on 18 December 2013.
Members of the Fund are TONAP Venture LLC (25.15 percent) and RVC Seed Fund LLC (74.85 percent).
The Fund is focused on investing in the Russian innovative companies with high growth potential in domestic and foreign innovation and technology markets.
The main objectives of the Fund are the following:
- Development of the pre-seed and seed investment sector;
- Development of regional projects;
- Acceleration of development of the real economy sectors;
- Provision of informational support to projects.
The Fund's basic parameters
- The Fund operated assets volume is up to RUB 33.3 bn;
- The period of operation is five years with the possibility of extension;
- Investment sectors: biotechnology, new materials, energy efficiency and information technology;
- The Fund provides from 3 to 7 million rubles in the first investment round;
- Investment decisions are made by the Fund’s Investment Committee (the Board).
RVC SF Investment Committee
The Fund's Investment Committee includes the following persons:
- Andrey Kalinin – Manager of Investment, RVC Seed Fund LLC;
- Dmitry Chukhlantsev – CEO, TONAP Venture LLC;
- Alexandr Shipunov – CEO, Medkontrastsintez LLC.
The investment policy (strategy) of the Fund is to gain from the Fund's investments in securities and shares in the authorized capital of Russian business entities, which are pre-seed and seed innovative companies, and the activity of which is in line with the priority areas of science, engineering, and technology in the Russian Federation with a focus on biotechnology, new materials, energy efficiency, and information technology.
The target yield and commercializability of the projects can be below the standard yield of venture investments, but in any case IRR for the Fund should be higher than 20 percent.
The Fund's investment tools may provide any legal and financial terms of Transactions permitted by the applicable laws of the Russian Federation.
The Fund's investment policy (strategy) is detailed in the Investment Declaration (Memorandum) of the Fund.